When talking about politics, you often refer to the first 100 days in office as a crucial time period for a new government. Starting a new job is not that different. The first few months are especially important as it’s all about first impressions and setting yourself up for future success. So, here’s what you need to know about what to do during the first 100 days of a new job.
17 Things to do the First 100 Days in a New Job
- Get all your tech equipment
- Set up your IT
- Set up any other work accounts such as booking tools or socials
- Meet everyone in your direct team
- Meet everyone in your extended team
- Familiarize yourself with your tasks
- Familiarize yourself with new clients or projects
- Take the time to meet people from the back office
- Get aquatinted with any existing order structures for data and files
- Come up with a structure for your personal mails and files
- Meet you colleagues for after work drinks or other activities
- Get involved in internal projects or activities
- Do the mandatory learning and development trainings
- Get a notebook and a pen
- Writing everything down that you consider important
- Ask your colleagues ALL the questions if you have any
- Set-up your workstation or desk if you’re in an office
This list of 17 things to do when starting a new job is in no particular order. Yuu should aim to complete these things within the 100 day and incorporate them whenever you see fit. Some of these taks have to of course be done right away. Things like meeting all your colleagues will of course extend over a longer period of time. Taking the time to meet your tea members individually and get to know them better is arguable the most important thing about starting a new job. This people will be the ones who you will spend 8 hours with, 5 day a week. Good teamwork is crucial in setting yourself up for success in a new job – so never underestimate this step!
What are your personal experiences when starting a new job? Do you anything to add to the list? Leave a commend below if you do!
If you’re interested in more work-related content and want to learn about and amazing skincare brand on the way, click here.
If you’re interest university-related content and find to find out what nobody tells you about university, click here.
See you soon